Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Singapore Community Day 2015

The first ever Singapore Community Day in the SF Bay Area was co-orgainized by Singapore Connect and the Overseas Singapore Unit.




The event on February 28, 2015 was held at Saratoga Springs Picnic and Campground, St Jose.



It was really one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
Ok, I admit, I am a sucker for running stream......




I am so delighted to see so many Singaporean in one place.....



lining up for food of course.....



What do you expect? When Newton Circus and Lau Pa Sat were all there....




Chicken Rice, Satay, Mee Goreng, Beef Rendang, Ang Ku Kueh, Teh Tarak...... you name it, they have it!

The adults were busy eating while the kids were learning how to play kampong games we used to played when we were little.....



remember? kuti kuti?



Chapteh and Five Stones?



Randy and I both had fun at the Photo booth....

apparently, this was our first!



The photo gallery at "Marina Bay" had photos reminded me of HOME!



Six of my photos sent in prior to the event were on display too, ummm...... see something familiar?


As seen on You Tube .....






shots taken by THIS drone



Consul-General Mr. Christopher Cheang opening the event




and then we all doodled on the SG 50 banner



notes were written and will be send HOME to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew



just a few photos before we leave....

with Consul-General Christopher Cheang...



OSU Director Wong Kan Foo



and a selfie with Stanley of course.....



we are leaving Saratoga Springs with this ringing in my head....

Sama-sama maju ke hadapan
Pandai cari pelajaran
Jaga diri dalam kesihatan
Serta sopan-santun
dengan kawan-kawan

don't ask me why, they played tons of Singapore songs on Singapore Community Day, I just can't get this one out of my head.


Both our flights to St Jose airport and back to Vegas were easy, cheap and pleasant on a Saturday....

it was a wonderful, memorable day at Saratoga Springs after all!





Posted by Kirsty

Photos provided by Kirsty, Randy, Stanley and OSU.

March 9, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment