Monday, March 23, 2015

Our Founding Father


March 23rd, 2015

A sad day for all Singaporean

Since February, when Mr. Lee was admitted to SGH, we have been keeping close watch on the news, twitter feed and other form of social media, deep down inside, I hope he could hang in there until Singapore celebrate our big 50 in August, but........we learn the sad news yesterday (3/22/15 Vegas time) around 3 PM, much earlier than my sister in Singapore got the news, that we have lost our founding father Mr. Lee Kuan Yew.



I can't tell you how sad I am, as you all know, I am a big fan - HE IS MY IDOL!
My children grew up listening to me preaching about how great our country is because of one man. Despite spending most of their life in the United States, my children are all Singapore citizens. We all have a better life because of him. Thank you Father Lee!


A flag at half-mast at the Istana on March 23, 2015. -- PHOTO: MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION



The Prime Minister has declared a period of National Mourning from 23 March to 29 March. If you would like to express your thoughts and condolences for the late Mr. Lee, you can do so at the Singapore Consulate-General in San Francisco during office hours or online HERE (home page of Remembering Lee Kuan Yew)









Posted by Kirsty 
Photos from social media.

March 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment